Friday, June 9, 2017

Book Beginnings - 6/9/17

 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from EVERY LAST LIE by Mary Kubica:

 
"They say that death comes in threes.  First it was the man who lives across the street from my father and mother.  Mr. Baumgartner, dead from prostate cancer at the age of seventy-four.  And then it was a former high school classmate of mine, only twenty-eight years old, a wife and mother dead from a pulmonary embolism - a blood clot that shot straight to her lungs."

This is my first Mary Kubica book, but I hear her books are amazing.
********** 

Books Finished: 

THE CHILD by Fiona Barton

Review will be on July 20.


**********
YOU'LL NEVER KNOW, DEAR by Hallie Ephron

A good mystery as always by Ms. Ephron. 

Review is in the book's title.
**********
COCOA BEACH by Beatriz Williams


Review will be on June 27.

******************


10 comments:

  1. As you know, our great minds thought alike on our featured book today...LOL.

    I am very eager to get The Child, and recently downloaded You'll Never Know, Dear.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny, Laurel.

      I am reading the book and enjoying it.

      The Child was slow at first, but has great twists.

      You'll Never Know Dear is good too. The cover is creepy, but the story line is good.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  2. I've never read anything by Kubica. I'll have to add her to my list. This week I'm featuring Come and Find Me by Hallie Ephron. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first book too.

      It is REALLY good.

      Thanks for stopping, Kathy.

      Delete
  3. I've heard so many great things of Kubica - I need to read her stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good...I am almost done.

      Really enjoying the book.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete
  4. Yes, this does look good! I've never read any of her books, either. Here is my Friday post, Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying it.

      Thanks for stopping, Jo-Ann.

      Delete
  5. Well, as you know, mysteries and thrillers are not my thing, at least, not usually. However, when I came back to check out your reply to my BBH comment, I noticed this post, and decided to take a look.

    So one of these books, "Cocoa Beach", caught my eye! I'm adding it to my Goodreads shelves. I LOVE the cover, but also, the fact that it's set in Florida got me interested, even though I've never been to Cocoa Beach. Lol.

    I'm so glad I took a look!

    Hope you're having a WONDERFUL Sunday, Elizabeth!! <3 <3 <3 :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like it, Maria.

      So Cocoa Beach is a real place?

      I am glad you came back for a look too. :)

      Thanks for stopping. Maybe you will start enjoying women's fiction and mystery???

      Delete