Friday, June 16, 2017

Book Beginnings - 6/16/2017


 
*Please join Rose City Reader every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.  *Taken directly from Rose City Reader's Blog Page. 
 ***************
My book beginnings is taken from THE SUMMER HOUSE by Hannah McKinnon:
 
"Something was not right.  Throughout the night, driving spring rains had battered against the windowpanes, and flashes of lightning illuminated their bedroom in tumultuous bursts.  But now the house was eerily silent."  

I am enjoying the book...my review will be on June 29.
********** 
Books Finished:
EVERY LAST LIE by Mary Kubica: 

Review will be on July 5.
**********
THE CHILD by Fiona Barton
Review will be on July 20.

**********
COCOA BEACH by Beatriz Williams
Review will be on June 27.
******************

9 comments:

  1. I hope you are reading a good book.

    Thanks for stopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your review! Have a great weekend :)
    Here's my Friday Post Inspiration Pie
    Jo-Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Jo-Ann.

      The book is good.

      I venture out of my normal reading genres at times and am surprised how much I enjoy something different.

      Delete
  3. I love the opening paragraph you shared, Elizabeth. I love rain at night. I hope nothing is wrong, but that last line you shared is a bit ominous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...something does happen.

      Thanks for stopping, Wendy.

      Delete
  4. This is on my TBR. It sounds like a great read and that beginning definitely caught my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will enjoy this book, Katherine.

      Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I want to try Kubica - I've heard such good things.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent author...my first book.

      Thanks for stopping, Lauren.

      Delete