Monday, December 30, 2013

Undressing Mr. Darcy by Karen Doornebos


UNDRESSING MR. DARCY is perfect for Jane Austen fans.

Mr. Darcy is on tour, and he finds his public relations expert, Vanessa, to be quite charming.  They begin to have feelings for each other, but it has to be hush, hush. Vanessa's sweet Aunt Ella is thrilled at what she sees happening with Vanessa and Mr. Darcy.  Aunt Ella has a surprise of her own to reveal as well.

I am really not a Jane Austen fan so I missed some of the inside jokes, but the book was entertaining and lighthearted.  If you are a Jane Austen fan, you will definitely enjoy UNDRESSING MR. DARCY.

There of course is love, a Jane Austen scavenger hunt, and a trip to Bath, England, for a Mr. Darcy festival where Julian is.  Will Vanessa be able to find Julian aka known as Mr. Darcy without any electronic connections among all these Regency-dressed folks?  She still couldn't believe he didn't use social media or
e-mails.

UNDRESSING MR. DARCY will take you on an entertaining journey from Chicago to England?  Will Vanessa and Julian become a couple?  Read UNDRESSING MR. DARCY to find out.  I do have to say that the ending was sweet.

My rating is 3/5 just because I normally don't read Jane Austen or this genre, but for any Jane Austen fan, UNDRESSING MR. DARCY will be a 5/5.

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation by the publisher in return for an honest review.


5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear it was a sweet book with a good ending. Sounds cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping, Harvee.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to enjoy it for the most part without being an Austen fan. I thought it was a lot of fun. My review will post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I wanted to say Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it was the genre more than anything. I normally don't read Austen or fluffy stuff.

    It wasn't bad.

    THANKS for stopping, Anna.

    ReplyDelete