Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich

Holly had been secluding herself from society ever since her husband died, but a chance meeting on a plane changed her life. She became more social and decided to do something about her weight gain.

Her personal trainer became more than her personal trainer, and she got to meet some people she never would have met before.

BIG GIRL PANTIES was an ok read for me. It isn't normally what I read.  There was too much romance in it, but it was very entertaining.

It wasn't bad at all for a first book by the author. The characters were believable, and the plot flowed nicely.  If you like romance as well as some fun, you will want to read BIG GIRL PANTIES.

My rating is based on the fact that I normally don't read this genre, so don't let it keep you from reading it. 3.5 out of 5.

This book was given to me free of charge and without compensation in return for an honest review.




10 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoy the book if you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely hard to review a book that isn't something you typically read. Sometimes books surprise you and you end up loving them, but usually there's a reason that's not what you read.

    Thanks for stopping by and commenting on Chapter Break :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to read this one because of the title, which hints at funny and sometimes embarrassing moments in life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've only read Evanovich's mysteries, and only a few at that. I know what you mean about being pulled into a genre you don't normally read; sometimes the book works for you, but more often than not it doesn't. Thanks for your thoughts as I saw this in Barnes and Noble yesterday, but the title alone was off-putting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too much romance is not a good sign for me. But, I do have a copy and will be reading anyway. It does sound like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a big romance reader myself but I have considered Big Girl Panties simply because with a title like that there has to be something humorous, right? I wasn't aware this is Stephanie's first book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read and enjoyed many of her mysteries, but I was not familiar with this book. Romance is not a genre that I normally read either, although, in fact, Evanovich's mysteries sometimes veer to the romance side.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not a big fan of romance driven books either, and I'm not sure if using her real name will help or hinder her as we all know what an amazing writer her aunt Janet Evanovich is.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete